The Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 regulates the use of personal information within all organisations, including WCEP. It also creates a legal right for individuals to request access to their personal information. The DPA states that any organisation which processes personal information must be open about how that information is used and must comply with eight data protection principles. These eight rules require personal data to be:
- – Processed fairly and lawfully
- – Processed only for specified and lawful purposes
- – Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- – Accurate and, where necessary, kept up-to-date
- – Not kept longer than necessary
- – Processed in accordance with an individual’s rights under the Act
- – Kept secure
- – Not transferred to non-European Economic Area (EEA) countries without adequate protection
The DPA also gives individuals rights to:
- Gain access to their data
- Seek compensation for damage or distress caused by their data not being processed in accordance with the Act
- Prevent their data being processed in certain circumstances
- Opt out of having their data used for direct marketing at any time
Under the DPA, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you.
Further information about the DPA can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website http://www.ico.gov.uk/
This statement gives you information on how we protect your privacy when using our web services.
It describes what information WCEP collect about you and the procedures we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
This website privacy statement applies to data collected by the WCEP website.
What personal information we collect about you
You can browse our websites without disclosing any information about yourself. By entering your details in any fields requested, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, or date of birth, you enable WCEP and its subsidiaries to provide you with the service(s) you select.
In all cases, we will only request information we need to provide you with the service(s) you have requested.
How we use your personal information
When we collect information from you, we will tell you if we would like to send you information about our products and services. We will give you the opportunity to opt out.
If we wish to share your data with third parties for marketing purposes, we will tell you about this and only do so if we get your consent. You can opt out at any time.
Protecting your information
We use up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. The internet, however, is not generally a secure medium of communication and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you input on this website or send to us via the internet.